The goal of Maxcare is to improve the quality of life for patients with serious illnesses, regardless of life expectancy. Services focus on relieving and preventing suffering that patients experience due to their illnesses. The palliative team coordinates with physicians and assists patients and families with navigating the health care system.
Maxcare Hospice Resources
Files available for download
Helpful Links with More Information on Hospice Care
- Caring Connections – is a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization that supports patients and their families coping with end-of-life issues.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization – is focused on providing outreach and education regarding end of life.
- Medicare Part A – covers most hospice services for eligible beneficiaries. Download the Medicare Hospice Benefits booklet to learn more.
- Get Palliative Care – is provided by the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) and is committed to providing clear palliative information for those coping with serious illness.
Resources that might be helpful to you
- Caring Bridge – an Evercare partner, allows you to create a journal, guestbook and photo album about your loved one.
- ManyStrong – developed by UnitedHealth Group, helps you build a support network that lets family friends and loved ones find out how to help, from taking on a task to helping with a fundraiser.